Can you find the correct answers (a–i) to the questions (1–8)? There is one answer that you should not use.
1. What other name does Santa Claus have?
2. Lots of people put special decorations in their homes during the Christmas period. When do they usually take them down?
3. What kind of animal pulls the sleigh that Santa Claus travels on?
4. On Christmas Eve in the United States, what do small children often leave for Santa Claus before they go to bed?
5. What are the two most popular Christmas colors?
6. Many families put a Christmas tree in their home during the Christmas period. What kind of tree is it, usually?
7. Complete the famous phrase associated with Christmas: “_______ on Earth, good will to men.”
8. What is a “white Christmas”?
a) a conifer
d) Saint Nicholas (St. Nick)
e) when there is snow on the ground on December 25
f) red and green
g) white and gold
h) early January
i) a plate of cookies and a glass of milk
Can you find the correct answers (a–i) to match the questions (1–8)? There is one answer that you should not use.
1. Where does Santa Claus live?
2. What is the name of the snowman who came to life in a popular Christmas song and TV show?
3. In Christianity, the festival of Christmas is, of course, the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. He is believed to have been born close to which city?
4. What is the most famous ballet associated with Christmas?
5. If you were born on Christmas Day, December 25, what would be your star sign?
6. What is December 24, the day before Christmas Day, known as?
7. Every year, which country gives the UK a gift of a large Christmas tree as thanks for British help during the Second World War?
8. What is the name of the traditional hymns that people sing at Christmas?
c) The Nutcracker
d) Christmas carols
e) Christmas Eve
f) New York
g) the North Pole